Engineers Foundation of Wisconsin
Since 1988, the Engineers Foundation of Wisconsin (EFW), has been dedicated to providing scholarships and support to outstanding high school and college students pursuing engineering as a professional career.
Sponsored by the Wisconsin Society of Professional Engineers, the EFW promotes engineering education through annual scholarships. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement, community involvement, extracurricular activities and need.
The Louis C Geiger Scholarship is named after Louis C. Geiger. Louis, who as the 1968 WSPE President, advanced the engineering profession and our High School Students Awards Program.
The Yu-Hwa Terry Ni FREE Program scholarship is provided by Yu-Hwa Terry Ni, P.E. through the Funds for the Restoration and Enhancement of the Earth (FREE) Program. The FREE Program is established to encourage and increase involvement activities for restoration and enhancement of the Earth to improve sustainability.
EFW College Freshman Scholarships (for current high school seniors)
EFW Scholarships for College Seniors
- The Engineering Foundation of Wisconsin Scholarship, 2 scholarships, each $2,000.
- The WSPE Past Presidents Scholarship, 1 scholarship, $2,000.
- The Behling Scholarship, 1 scholarship, $2,000.
- The Louis C Geiger Scholarship, 3 scholarships, each $2,000.
- The Yu-Hwa Terry Ni FREE Program, $2,000 awarded in 1 or 2 scholarships.
- Charles H Bennett Memorial Scholarship: established and administered by the WSPE Fox River Valley chapter may be awarded.
- There are other scholarships that are awarded through the local WSPE chapters to the students in their geographic area.
- Michael Odill Memorial Scholarship: awarded to a Marquette University senior in civil engineering.